Mike Tyson’s comeback fight against Roy Jones Jr could be off after he threatened to walk away from the match.
Iron Mike had been set to fight for the first time since 2005 in an exhibition match against Jones Jr – whose career spans 75 fights – on September 12.
However, last week, it emerged that the clash had been postponed until November 28.
It comes from a decision made by digital platform Triller, who are broadcasting the event.
They are keen on taking advantage of the holiday weekend – where they expect pay-per-view numbers to skyrocket.
The bout will cost $49 and the viral app are keen on capitalising as much as possible.
But it has left Jones Jr furious and threatening to walk away from the whole match, if he is not compensated for the time lost.
He further revealed he has contacted his lawyers as the 51-year-old looks to explore his legal options.
“I’ve had to cancel other stuff to be out here, it’s upset my calendar, I’ve got to change things,” the American told the Daily Mail.
“That’s why we have to table bulls**t now. That’s the biggest issue, I’m not a full time boxer anymore so I do other things to make an income.
“If I can’t do other things then I should be compensated for that, because it changes the schematics. It’s not acceptable.
“We’re trying to figure something out, my lawyers is (sic) talking with their lawyers, trying to figure out ways to make it a better situation so that I can compensated for it, that is more beneficial for me to do.
“If they don’t make it make sense, it (the fight) would be off.
“Why would I change the date and mess up the rest of my year when I agreed to September 12.
“They said they wanted to get a crowd, if you want to get a crowd, that’s a different type of money. If you want a big event, that’s a different type of money.
“You think I’m going to say, okay, let’s look at my money, but I’m not getting no better percent.
“How dumb is that to me? So let’s see what happens.”